Confused between traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering? Wondering what Kalvium can offer you that the conventional route cannot? Well, we have an answer, and we are here to tell you that Kalvium engineering is the best option to choose to progress in your engineering career. How? Let us find out!
Traditional Engineering: The Unnoticed Pitfalls
Engineering is a highly sought-after career option in today’s world. Our reliance on technology has made the computer engineering sphere expand to great heights, and the industry is now on a constant lookout for well-trained professionals to hire. And yet, engineering students face multiple challenges and pitfalls during their education, which they may not wholly realise.
Traditional colleges often lean towards an entirely theoretical approach to engineering. This pedagogy results in students who only know the academic portions of their syllabus and not how to implement those principles in hands-on practicals. In turn, this chain results in only 16 per cent of the total engineers in India being considered fit and employable in IT services—a shocking statistic. This stubborn unemployability remains rampant but goes unnoticed by all those studying engineering in traditional institutions.
The general problem is that the undergraduate structure for computer science engineering students fails to keep pace with the fast-evolving tech industry. The impact is trifold:
- Universities are unable to provide job readiness to aspirants owing to their traditional and unwavering pedagogy.
- Students bear the brunt of insufficient preliminary training and education and become unemployable. This factor reduces the skill rates of engineering aspirants in the country and the world.
- Enterprises and tech industries must spend time and resources to train and upskill the freshers whom the education system has failed to prepare. This entire process results in an overall wastage of resources that could be used better by improving and advancing technology via engineering.
The question remains: Why does a regular engineering or BTech degree not provide the skills that an aspiring engineer needs? How can you increase your employability and career prospects? And how does the debate between traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering resolve? Here is your answer!
Traditional Engineering vs Kalvium Engineering
Kalvium is home to engineering aspirants with a passion for computer science and the drive to come out at the top of their careers. The difference between traditional engineering and this alternative is that paper qualifications are assigned less value here; instead, skill and aptitude are the focus. Kalvium helps you build an industry-ready foundation with skills and work experience carrying you forward. The mission is to help young minds transform into thriving future global tech leaders. And here is how Kalvium does it all:
Traditional schools are defined by a pre-determined curriculum, rote learning, and one-dimensional lectures. There is no interactive classroom experience or boost to creativity and motivation. The experts at Kalvium, on the other hand, do not believe in a rigid academic structure that confines you to a single path of thought.
Kalvium engineering combines the best of science and liberal arts, making it a more immersive and hands-on curriculum. Instead of irrelevant systems that stifle curiosity and confine you within four walls of conditioned thought, it provides you with wider and more diverse courses to explore. Kalvium recognises creative and holistic methods of study rather than a curriculum focused on rote learning because creativity is more valuable in the computer science engineering industry.
The Kalvium engineering curriculum has been designed to be more industry-focused and beneficial for job opportunities. Because Kalvium emphasises mandatory work integration into studies, the program rapidly advances to new levels of experience and ability. Instead of inexperienced teachers, industry mentors design the curriculum, making it more relevant and tailored to the demands and scope of the engineering world. Kalvium provides aspiring engineers with a real-world perspective before they begin their careers, allowing them to begin on a more secure foundation than their peers.
Traditional colleges and engineering programmes typically concentrate solely on theory and are incapable of providing students with the practical skills required to thrive in the tech markets. However, merely knowing is insufficient at Kalvium. Learning by doing and gaining practical skills is equally (if not more) essential.
Kalvium encourages its students to collaborate and work collaboratively on projects outside of the curriculum in order to acquire new experience and learn how to work as part of a team. Long-term internships and supporting a student’s co-curricular hobbies, such as coding competitions and hackathons, are examples of hands-on ventures. This viewpoint contrasts with conventional colleges, which do not typically have such a variety.
The Uniqueness that Kalvium Offers
In traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering, how does Kalvium come out on top? What are the unique aspects that this engineering program offers?
Innovative Program Structure
- Four-year on-campus program with enriching lessons, activities and industry-approved curriculum. Kalvium partners with many reputed colleges to bring you the best academic experience.
- Kalvium assures internship placement after the 1st year and opportunities in high-profile companies at the program’s end. With experience in skilling, staffing and top industry contacts with organisations like Amazon, VISA, Flipkart, IBM, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Byjus, Infosys and many more, Kalvium is the way to go.
- Not only does Kalvium provide placements at the end of the course, but it also provides mentorship from experts in the tech field throughout the program. You gain real-world insights and learnings, giving you a competitive advantage over other engineering aspirants and grads in the job market.
- Kalvium focuses on work-integrated liberal learning methods and provides practical and experiential subjects instead of complete theory courses.
- To take students down the career path that suits them best, Kalvium offers personalised career counselling and help to engineering aspirants.
- The primary priority of Kalvium has never been the student’s grades or merit score. Kalvium offers a variety of clubs and extracurricular activities in which students engage while keeping individual skills and potential in mind. Kalvium engineers may create a conducive and creative atmosphere by combining academics and creativity.
- Acquire in-demand professional technological and engineering skills to excel in the industry. These involve skills apart from academic aspects, such as communication, creative thinking, deductive reasoning, algorithmic analysis and practical experience with technology in general.
- Study under an exhaustive curriculum designed by leading tech industry experts. This curriculum offers the potential to explore your abilities, and knowledge and carve out a path in the engineering job market.
- Gain the opportunity to land internships in leading global tech companies at the end of year one of the course. Kalvium partners with the top global tech companies and offers students extensive and exciting experience and training.
- Build your experience and resume by participating in paid internships from years two to four. These opportunities allow you to earn up to INR 8 lakhs even before graduation.
- Receive one-to-one mentorship from tech professionals and guides to make your entry into the tech world smoother. Kalvium faculty comprises of industry experts who act as excellent guides and mentors for your journey as an engineering aspirant.
- Gain three years of work experience while pursuing a degree program through various project and internship opportunities.
- Bag a 3x higher CTC upon graduation. The practical real-world skills, industry mentorship and great internship profiles guarantee a well-paying and productive career as a computer science engineer.
Kalvium does not believe in merit-based examinations or tormenting students with the time-consuming and ineffective process of rote learning. But you have to ask how Kalvium evaluates prospective engineering candidates for the programme. How does Kalvium construct a fair but appropriate entrance procedure in traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering? The solution is straightforward: the Kalvium Eligibility Test.
Kalvium Eligibility Test
The Kalvium Eligibility Test, i.e., the Kalviness Quotient (KQ) Challenges, is your key to entering the program for engineering aspirants. However, it does not involve memorisation or rote learning; it tests your general ability and skills along with your previous education to deem you fit for Kalvium. This process includes various sections like:
- Data Interpretation and Analysis: This section evaluates your ability to analyse and interpret data in statistical analysis, data mining, and other quantitative methods
- Numerical Skill: This section evaluates your proficiency in basic mathematics and numerical reasoning. This test is used to assess your ability to perform basic arithmetic operations and solve basic mathematical problems.
- Logical Reasoning: This section measures your ability to analyze and solve problems logically. It may include questions on topics such as deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, logical sequencing, and logical problem-solving.
- Communication Skills: This segment might show how good you are at communicating effectively and efficiently in various contexts. A good computer science engineer is one who can effectively understand the problem at hand, communicate their thoughts, and clearly explain the solution to their team.
- Creative Thinking: This section assesses your ability to think innovatively and creatively to solve problems. It could have questions on topics such as brainstorming, ideation techniques, lateral thinking, problem-solving, and innovation.
- Problem-Solving Skills: This portion might test the effective analysis of problems. This may include questions on logical reasoning, analytical thinking, pattern recognition, and creative problem-solving.
- Algorithmic Skill: The algorithmic skill section is used to evaluate your ability to design, analyze, and implement algorithms to solve computational problems. How do you feel about a coding challenge? Sign up to find out if you have it in you to be an ace computer science engineer.
This test combines all of these skills and aspects to provide an overall score. It evaluates more than just a student’s memory: it tests the ability to gain new knowledge and experience, which has always been Kalvium’s priority.
Exhilarating Student Journey at Kalvium
You may agree with us by now that four years at Kalvium are a sure route to a thriving tech career. When we compare traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering, there are much a student gains by going the Kalvium way. All you have to do is trace the journey of a Kalvium student:
- Join the computer science engineering (CSE) program at Kalvium. (If you wish to know more about CSE itself, read ‘What Does a Computer Science Engineer Do?’)
- Attend classes and enrich your computer science fundamentals and software developer skills.
- Get paid internships at top tech companies in the industry at the end of your second semester.
- Get involved in student mentorship programs, part-time work, elective academic courses and skill development to improve your computer science abilities.
- When the final year arrives, you shall be ready to have placements at global tech companies and make your name in the industry.
- With your capstone project, you will achieve the Kalvium guarantee: an in-demand professional and budding tech leader.
Student Development Activities
Kalvium prioritises an all-around experiential learning environment that primes academic proficiency and nurtures students to become their best versions. This experience is one of the factors that makes it the winning contender when it comes to traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering.
Free-spirited learning activities are a core part of the curriculum. These activities and projects promote cross-disciplinary skills like improved communication, increased confidence, higher levels of peer learning, presentation skills, and developed creativity and problem-solving abilities. When paired with exciting and engaging interaction with high achievers from the tech industry, these student development activities make the Kalvium experience even more enriching.
- Kalvium Konnect
This portion of the program consists of sessions encouraging peer and expert learning. High achievers from the tech industry handle these sessions and act as mentors for aspiring engineers, which gives students real-world exposure to problems and how teams are involved in solving those problems.
- Clubs at Kalvium
Clubs are a challenging yet fun medium to present new and exciting topics for students to learn. Here, students learn new things, not from their faculty, but from each other. Club sessions promote the ability to learn and research further information, a helpful tool in the engineering job sector.
The Competitive Programming (CP) Club hosts competitions for Kalvium students. Here, you might get to compete alongside and against your fellow students and gain immense experience from the whole process. Such events involve contests from top-ranked companies like Google Code Jam, Hash Code, Kickstart, Facebook Hacker Cup, and ICPC. Overall, the student development activities at Kalvium are instrumental in teaching problem-solving and bettering the computer science engineering experience.
Traditional Engineering vs Kalvium Engineering: The Ultimate Comparison
Traditionally, the learning approach for engineering students has revolved around rote learning and repeated memorisation. Kalvium attempts to change this mindset by introducing critical thinking in education and opting for a hands-on approach instead of the traditional one. This process ensures that the students grasp more knowledge and learn to use it in a practical sphere instead of being limited to books and theoretical aspects.
In traditional engineering institutes, students are usually passive recipients as professors explain the theory in class. Kalvium aims for students’ active participation in real-world projects like computer science co-curricular activities, internships and coding work. By involving the students in the teaching process, Kalvium establishes a teacher-student bond and encourages cooperative learning.
Examinations are usually a source of immense strain and stress for engineering students. Mugging up for oral and written exams is common, and marks and merit mean everything. Kalvium does not subscribe to this notion. Here, marks do not have the foremost priority. Instead, industry experience and projects are considered more valuable in the evaluation process.
Traditional engineering institutes’ pedagogy relies on outdated labs and chalk-and-board lectures, which do not encourage student growth or grant them the required skills to excel in the job market. On the other hand, Kalvium provides out-of-class expertise with innovation and practical experience, making it an ideal fit for an engineering aspirant.
Compared to the government curriculum in traditional schooling setups, Kalvium offers a diverse and in-depth curriculum. This structure and syllabus are designed by future recruiters and industry experts, giving much-needed valuable insight into the tech industry, not just textbook knowledge.
Kalvium faculty comprises prospective recruiters and industry experts. They make the curriculum practical and easy to grasp and also ensure that they train the students properly to face the industry with excellent and valuable knowledge. This move is a massive step up compared to the government-assigned faculty in traditional institutes, who follow a rote learning system.
Not just studies, Kalvium also ensures that you would have access to various tools like Scrum, Kanban, Agile, Jira, Trello and many more. These latest technologies and applications could put you on the path to becoming a full-stack developer even before you graduate. Here, Kalvium comes before traditional engineering institutes which do not provide access to this software in their education system.
You can find below a handy table listing all the comparisons between traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering:
|Traditional Engineering||Kalvium Engineering|
|Rote learning||Critical thinking and hands-on experience|
|Students are passive recipients||Students are active participants|
|Exams / merit give priority||Industry experience and projects given priority|
|Chalk-and-board lectures||Out-of-class expertise|
|Government curriculum design||Industry experts’ curriculum design|
|Government faculty||Industry and tech mentors as faculty|
|Very little technological access||Updated & innovative software methodologies|
What’s the Verdict?
Kalvium engineering certainly comes on top regarding curriculum, experience and overall output in an engineering course. So, we can finally put this debate to rest. You now know the wisest choice between traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering, and we hope to see you on the path that leads you to Kalvium and the future!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why is traditional engineering education becoming less effective in the industry?
Traditional education systems for engineering fail to keep pace with the fast-evolving tech industry. The impact falls upon the universities, students and job market in a vicious cycle. Universities cannot provide job readiness to aspirants, while students bear the brunt of insufficient preliminary training and become unemployable. After this, enterprises spend time and resources to train and upskill the freshers, resulting in a waste of resources. This is why traditional engineering education is becoming less effective.
- What change does Kalvium bring to the table?
Kalvium is here to provide a solution to the traditional and outdated systems of engineering education. Kalvium has developed a program with more critical thinking, hands-on experience, mentorship from industry experts and a more well-rounded curriculum. Additionally, Kalvium focuses on experience more than merit, giving importance to industry internships and projects over exams that involve rote learning and memorisation. Hence, in the comparison between traditional engineering vs Kalvium engineering, Kalvium comes out as a stronger contender.
- How to enrol in Kalvium’s program?
The Kalvium Eligibility Test is your key to entering the program for engineering aspirants. However, it does not involve memorisation or rote learning; it tests your general ability and skills along with your previous education to deem you fit for Kalvium. This process includes various sections like data interpretation, numerical skills, logical reasoning, communication, creative thinking, problem-solving skills and algorithmic skills. This test evaluates more than just a student’s memory: it tests the ability to gain new knowledge and experience, which has always been Kalvium’s priority.
You must be logged in to post a comment.