What after the 12th is a question that often puts the students on spot. Engineering diploma courses after 12th Science are available for students both from medical or non-medical streams in 12th Science. Gone are the days when traditional eligibility criteria decided the direction of the course.
As we know the world is moving at a fast pace and so is the economy. There is no doubt that the future is going to be decided by Information and Technology, and opportunities for various engineering diploma courses after 12th Science are getting popular with every passing day. Every day brings in a new opportunity, a higher demand for new skill sets, and more productive professionals. Courses that take lesser time and are pocket friendly for the candidates are the focus of attention. Engineering diploma courses after 12th Science are stealing the show, they are preferred by various companies due to their multidisciplinary foundation of both skills and theory.
Engineering Diploma Courses After 12th Science: Overview
|Colleges||Industries and Dseignations|
|Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering||2-3||upto 5L||DPG Institute of Management and Technology, Rai University||Aerospace and Defence Sector, Healthcare Companies, Agricultural Sector, Retail Companies, etc.|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||1-3||20k -1.2L||Adarsha College of Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia||Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, |
|Diploma in Electronics and Communication||3||40k – 2L||Acharya Polytechnic||Aerospace Technician, Circuit Design Technician, Broadcast Technician|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||3||10k – 3L||RIMT University||Electric Designer Engineer, Junior Engineer, CAD Engineer, Field Engineer|
|Diploma in Electrical and Electronics||2-3||35k – 5L||Government Polytechnic Mumbai||Electronics Engineer, Communication System Manager, Communication Operator, Radio Journalist, Technical Head, etc.|
|Diploma in Computer applications||1||2L -5L||Jamia Millia Islamia||Computer Operator, Web Designer, Accountant, Software Developer, C++ Developer, etc|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||3||20k – 5L||Carmel Polytechnic College||Civil Engineer, Site Manager|
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering||3||6k-1L||IIT Kanpur||Technical Service Representative, Associate Scientist, Chemical Engineer, Process Engineer, Supervisor, Field Operator, etc|
|Diploma in Aerospace Engineering||3||45k-4L||NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology||DRDO, ISRO, Aeronautical development agency (ADA)|
|Diploma in Information Technology||3||25k – 1L||Dr. Babasahed Ambedkar Technology University||Computer Operator, IT Executive|
|Diploma in Production Engineering||3||15k – 2L||MIT Pune||Asst. Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Tour Operator, Information Assistant, Reservations Executive, Operations Executive, Sales Manager, etc|
Eligibility and Entrance Exams
Engineering diploma courses after 12th Science are designed with a focus on equipping the students with theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject. They add to the existing skill sets of the learners. The eligibility criteria for seeking admission to engineering diploma courses after 12th Science is:
- Candidate must be 10th or 12th pass with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks from a recognised board.
- The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the major subjects in the 12th class.
- There are certain colleges that grant admission based on the performance in the entrance exams such as Assam Polytechnic Admission Test.
Popular entrance exam (State level) for diplomas in engineering in various disciplines
- Joint Entrance Examination for West Bengal (JEXPO)
- Joint Entrance Examination Council of Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP)
- Delhi Common Entrance Test (Delhi CET)
- Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Exam (PECE)
- Punjab Joint Entrance Test (PJET)
- Madhya Pradesh Pre-Polytechnic Test (MP PPT)
- Odisha Diploma Entrance Test (Odish DET)
- Haryana Diploma Entrance Test (HSTES DET)
The dates for all the above entrance exams for 2023 are yet to be announced. You have a choice to opt for government-aided institutes or private colleges. Government colleges have more perks than any private college as they have lesser fees and better placement records. For the admission process, you can visit the official website of the respective colleges, fill online form and attempt the entrance test. Admission is granted based on the rank scored in the merit list.
Colleges Offering Engineering Diploma Courses after 12th Science
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Polytechnic
- IIT Kanpur
- Diploma in Chemical Engineer
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineer
- Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- MIT Pune
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communications
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering
Who should pursue engineering diploma courses after 12th Science?
- If you’re willing to gain a degree in engineering but cannot take the traditional route of achieving a bachelor’s or master’s degree then this is the best choice for you. Takes lesser time, is pocket friendly, and is easier to study at your pace and convenience.
- If you want to study alongside a part-time job, it offers lucrative career opportunities at the same time adds to the toolkit of your skills.
- If for some reason you cannot complete the course in its given time. You can get a diploma degree in a span of four years instead of one year.
- If you want to pursue another diploma course in engineering simultaneously, given that both the courses are done via distance mode.
- If you want to get job-ready faster and increase your chances of getting hired. A diploma in engineering gives you the title of a junior engineer making you eligible for various government and private jobs.
Job Profiles for Engineering Diploma Courses after 12th
Do you wish to build upon the knowledge of physics gained in 12th? If you are into solid mechanics, thermodynamics, product design etc then you should take up this course. Mechanical engineers are responsible for planning and manufacturing new products. Their main task includes designing, developing, and testing mechanical devices. They also research cost-effective solutions for the improvement and stability of the system.
A diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3-year course that deals with designing, constructing, and maintaining structural works like roads, bridges, buildings, dams, and other infrastructural projects. If you’re someone who’s carried the joy of building a cityscape of tall buildings using connecting blocks in your childhood, to your school life then this course is for you.
Chemical engineers focus on chemicals and raw materials for product manufacturing, recycling energy, plant safety, plant maintenance, etc. They find innovative ways of creating new materials out of existing chemicals.
Are you fascinated with creating things? Programming is nothing short of creating something that people can interact with. A Diploma in Information Technology is a 1-2 year long course it introduces the learners to the programming languages used in everyday work office. They test programs for possible errors and repair faulty lines of computer code to build something that solves problems. Education, Advertising Firms, Engineering Companies, Accounting, etc are the sectors that rely heavily on Computer programming.
|Job Profile||Skills Required||CTC|
|Mechanical Engineer||Advanced level of technical and scientific knowledge and its application to real-life problems, IT skills, creative ability, the spirit of teamwork, etc||5-6||Mentor Graphics, Emerson, Fuji Electric, Abacus Consultants, etc|
|Civil Engineer||Autodesk AutoCAD, expertise in Microsoft Office, the ability for construction site inspection, and project management.||3-20||Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering Drafter, Civil Engineering Technologist, etc|
|Chemical Engineer||An interest in chemicals and an aptitude to work innovatively with chemicals, analytical skills, and commercial awareness.||1.6 – 3||Nagarjuna Agrichem, Sunrise Engineering Solutions, SM AKER Management Services Pvt. Ltd.|
|IT Programmer||Computer Programmers, Accountants, Graphic Designers, Programmers, and Website Developers.||2-5||Education, Advertising Firms, Engineering Companies, etc|
Popular Engineering Diploma Courses After 12th Science PCM
Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
A diploma in Aeronautical Engineering deals with the study of researching, designing, and manufacturing flight-capable machines. Aeronautical means navigation through the air. Aeronautical engineers’ focus areas are spaceships, rockets, aeroplanes, missiles, and even military aircraft. Reputed Institutions like Anna University and Dr Ambedkar Institute of Technology offer various degree-level courses in Aeronautical Engineering. From the overall perspective, aeronautical engineering is an incredibly bright choice for a diploma.
What does an Aeronautical Engineer do?
- Aeronautical engineers are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining travel mobiles as well as heavy structural machines like helicopters, aeroplanes, and military aircraft.
- They work closely with the theoretical, technological, and practical aspects of flight within the Earth’s atmosphere.
- They are also tasked with handling, testing, and creating prototypes, with the application of software design tools for testing and training, alongside coordinating teams, especially from the IT sector.
Diploma in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering
Many people are fascinated by Nautical Science but very few know what it entails. A diploma in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering is a sub-division of Marine studies. The program prepares the students with the skills required to navigate and operate marine time vehicles safely. It’s a perfect blend of academic and practical instruction. Admission for this course is on the basis of both merits as well as entrance tests. During this course, students explore the areas of fundamentals of marine technology, safety, and fire prevention.
What does a Nautical Science Engineer do?
- A Nautical or Marine Engineer deals with the research, development, and construction of new marine vessels and their component equipment including the supervision of the building of full-sized ships.
- They oversee the creation of blueprints, construction of prototypes, and monitor testing and tweaking finished boats.
- They are also tasked with the designing of onboard systems such as steering systems, propulsion systems (gas turbine, engine), and electrical systems.
Diploma in Textile Engineering
A diploma in Textile Engineering is a 1 or 2-year course depending on which university you choose to study. During this course, the students learn about the various aspects of raw materials, designing a yarn, or any fabric they desire.
What does a Textile Engineer do?
- In this job profile, the main responsibility of the Textile Engineer is to develop clothes for the fabric including medical appliances, household items, furnishings, etc.
- They are also involved with providing technical advice to the marketing and production team.
- They oversee the production of a product, especially in an indoor factory setting.
Diploma in Ceramic Technology
Ceramic technology is very least heard of but surprisingly it is everywhere in our lives including the cup you drink your tea from in the morning. A diploma in Ceramic Technology is an emerging discipline in technology. It involves the study of designing, manufacturing, and applications of ceramic materials. During this course, the learners explore the properties, design, production, and uses of artistic materials.
What does a Ceramic Engineer do?
- A ceramic engineer is concerned with the study, research, and development of ceramic materials used in Industries, the medical sector for bones, joints, and dental implants including decorative items for homes, corporate homes, etc
- They also explore different procedures of painting, forming, and firing the clay and ceramic materials.
- They find innovative ways to develop new ceramic materials from raw materials found on Earth. They also research cost-effective ways to increase the efficiency of the existing ceramic materials by improving heat and fire resistance.
Diploma in Power Engineering
Power Engineering is a sub-field of electrical engineering that involves the generation, transmission, distribution, and utilization of electric power. If you are curious about the design and development of electrical devices like generators and transformers you go for this field. Also, this is in huge demand in the market. The syllabus of the diploma in power engineering is quite interesting, topics like power generation engineering, power distribution, and utilisation, power plant operation, etc spark curiosity among the learners.
What does a Power Engineer do?
- Power Engineers are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of turbines, boilers, generators, and reactors to facilitate the generation of heat.
- They are also involved in the process of generation, transmission and distribution of electric power.
- Based on the requirements of Power Engineer start-up, maintenance, repair, and shut down equipment.
|Eligibility||Job Roles||Top Colleges||Top recruiters|
|Diploma in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering||1||Completed 10+2 with 50% minimum marks from a recognised board.||Operation Manager, Navigation Officer, Oceanographer, etc||B.P Marine Academy, |
Dr B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Technology.
|Educational Institutes, Port Operations Companies, etc|
|Diploma in Textile Engineering||1-2||12th pass with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.||Textile Application Developer, Layout Analyst, Fabric Resource Manager, etc||Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University (MJRP), Dr B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Technology||Textile Application Developer, Layout Analyst, Textile Marketing Analyst, etc|
|Diploma in Ceramic Technology||3||10+2 with 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from a recognised board.||Bar/Column Slab Engineer, points Treatment Engineer, etc||Sri Jayachamarajendra Government Polytechnic, Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering (UGIE)||Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Defense Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL), etc|
|Diploma in Power Engineering||3||12th pass with 45% from a recognised board||Electrical Project Engineer, Instrumentation and Electrical Engineer, Power Systems Engineer, etc||National Power Training Institute, IIT Delhi, etc||Crompton Greaves Consumer Electric Limited and State Power Distribution Companies like UPPCL.|
|Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering||3||10+2 with a minimum of 45 % in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.||Aircraft Engineer, Aerodynamicist, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, etc||Parul University, Acharya Polytechnic, etc||Pawan Hans, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Indian Air Force, Private Airlines, etc|
Engineering diploma courses after 12th Science: Scope and Employment
- Engineering diploma courses after 12th Science are a starting point for a lucrative career. Students have the choice to either go for higher studies or work. It will enhance your skills and gain experience.
- Engineering diploma courses after 12th Science have career prospects in government as well as the private sector. Assistant Loco Pilot, Railway Clerks, Railway Constables, etc. are the leading jobs for diploma graduates after 12th Science.
- With the continuous development and advancement in technology, new streams in engineering diploma courses after 12th Science are being added thus generating new job profiles in the market. For a better grasp of the scope and future of the engineering field, read engineering diploma courses.
What’s the verdict?
Engineers are in high demand everywhere, both in the public and private sectors, with high-paying work prospects, due to the broad application of computer sciences. Various engineering diploma courses after 12th Science is a huge attraction for too many students because of their ease and affordability. Engineering diploma courses after 12th Science equips the learners to meet the ever-rising demand for skilled workers in industries and top companies. From the wide array of engineering diploma courses after 12th Science pick the field wisely based on your interest, ease, and career aspirations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Which science diploma course is best?
Mechanical engineering is considered the best diploma.
- Can I take an engineering diploma course after 12th science?
Yes, you can pursue any engineering diploma courses after 12th Science.
- Which 1-year engineering diploma course after 12th science is best?
A diploma in Computer Application and Diploma in Engineering is the best engineering diploma courses after 12th Science.
- Which engineering diploma course after 12th Science is best for the future?
Diplomas in Engineering, diploma in Graphic Designing, Diploma in Computer Applications are considered best for the future.