There are numerous engineering diploma courses after 10th, available for students willing to opt for diploma courses after high school. Diploma courses are short-term skill-oriented courses designed with a sharp focus on Industrial and technical training. After the completion of 10th class, students can either choose to complete high school or opt for various available engineering diploma courses after 10th in a variety of fields including engineering, technology, business management, finance, etc.
The major question is what engineering diploma courses after 10th grade. In this post, we will walk you through all of the engineering diploma possibilities accessible after 10th grade so that you can make an informed decision about your future career.
Why opt for a Diploma?
For various reasons, students may not be able to enroll themselves in any undergraduate degree course and hence opt for diploma courses. Diploma courses prepare students for a breakthrough in the industry. Engineering diploma courses after 10th also act as a backdoor entry into the BTech/B.E. through a lateral scheme thus saving them fees and other hassles.
Engineering diploma courses after 10th vary from six months to three years. Various factors influence the duration of the diploma courses such as curriculum, future scope, subject, job prospects, industry demand, etc.
Employment and Scope
Engineering is the new buzzword in the professional world. Engineering programs are one of the top jobs and skills-oriented educational programs. After completing engineering diploma courses after 10th there are many opportunities for you to bag a prestigious job. Completing these job-oriented courses require less time, lesser finance and most likely landing a good job in a simpler way than the traditional route of studying undergraduate or postgraduate courses and then finding a job. Reputed companies like Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys, etc hire diploma holders. Upon successful completion of the diploma, a lucrative salaried job is guaranteed.
Eligibility and Entrance Exams
Different colleges have different eligibility criteria but a general rule is, any candidate who has scored minimum marks of 50% in the 10th level with Mathematics and Science as a subject of study is eligible to apply for a diploma program within their relevant discipline. The students are required to meet the following conditions before seeking admission into the diploma course in a college.
- The student should have completed their 10th class from a recognised school.
- There is an age limit for specific diploma programs such as anyone above 17 cannot apply for any diploma in the Medical sector.
- Some colleges have entrance exams and admissions are granted based on the merit of the result.
Some colleges grant admission on the basis of marks scored in 10th whereas most government colleges have an entrance exam. Every state conducts its own entrance exams. Kerala and Rajasthan have no separate entrance tests for engineering diploma courses after 10th as direct admission is granted on the basis of marks obtained in class 10th.
Diploma Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers is a well-known diploma-level entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE). The exam is held twice a year (June and December) in various engineering institutions across different states in India.
|Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Karnataka||Karnataka Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Odisha||Odisha Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Telangana||Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET)|
Best Engineering Diploma Courses After 10th
Choosing the right engineering diploma courses after 10th can be confusing for many students as there are too many options available. To help you choose the best we have prepared a list of the most in-demand engineering diploma courses after 10th:
|Name of the course||Duration |
|Avg. Fees |
(INR Per Annum)
|Career Options||Institute Recommendation|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||1-3||20k -1.2L||Production Supervisor, Mechanical Engineer, Quality Executive||Adarsha College of Engineering|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||1-3||45k – 5L||Workshop Manager, Electrical Product Designer||Vivekanand Education Society Polytechnic|
|Diploma in Information Technology||3||25k – 1L||Computer Operator, IT Executive||Dr. Babasahed Ambedkar Technology University|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||1-3||20k – 5L||Civil Engineer, Site Manager||Carmel Polytechnic College|
|Diploma in Architecture Engineering||3-4||35k – 90k||Site head, Structural Manager||ACN College of Polytechnic|
|Diploma in Computer Science (CSE)||3||35k||Software Developer, Backend Developer, Computer Engineer||Galgotias University|
|Diploma in Software Engineering||1-3||35k – 3L||Software Developer, |
|Delhi Technological University|
|Diploma in Automobile||3||40k – 2L||Quality Engineer,|
|Skooltek Institute of Technical Education|
|Diploma in Electronics||3||40k – 2L||Electrical Technician, |
Electrical Design Operator
|Government Polytechnic College|
|Diploma in Mining Engineering||3||85k||Junior Mining Engineer, Assistant Mining Operator, |
Technical Program Executive
|Odisha School of Mining Engineering|
Diploma Course in Electrical Engineering
Diploma in Electrical Engineering spread over 6 semesters is a practical-oriented course where students are taught about electric circuits, electronics, and electromagnetism. Students who have passed class 10th with a minimum score of 45% are eligible to apply for this course. Admission to this diploma course is granted through entrance exams like Delhi Common Entrance Test, Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT), and Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB).
|Name of the College||Avg. Fees |
(INR Per Annum)
|Jamia Millia Islamia||10k||New Delhi|
|KJ Somaiya Polytechnic||47k||Mumbai|
|Central Polytechnic College||25k||Tamil Nadu|
|Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions||42k||Kolkata|
|Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology||65k||Uttar Pradesh|
Diploma Course in Automobile Engineering
A polytechnic in automobile engineering, sometimes known as a diploma in automobile engineering, is a three-year degree that focuses on providing students with the principles of automobiles as well as the skill sets required to operate professionally in the automobile industry. During the course, students learn skills such as device installation, operation, maintenance, and problem solving. This course will also allow students to investigate various equipment and the most recent vehicle production procedures, as well as current trends and industry analysis.
|Name of the College||Avg. Fees |
(INR Per Annum)
|Bhubhananda Odisha School of Engineering (BOSE)||17.04k||Cuttack, Odisha|
|Centurion University of Technology Management (CUTM)||1.5L||Gajapati|
|Godavari Institute of Engineering & Technology (GIET)||1.2L||Rajahmundry, |
|Faridabad College of Engineering and Management (FCEM)||1.05L||Harayana|
|Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology (IERT)||1.26L||Allahabad, UP|
Diploma In Electronics and Communication
Diploma in Electronics and Communication is a three-year long course designed to train students on a diverse understanding of electronic networks, electronic magnetic fields, fundamentals of computers, and communication systems in different areas like telecommunications, radio, energy, oil, agriculture, etc. The course is detail-oriented on topics like operations and management of electric circuit boards, power electronics, microprocessors, applied electromagnetic theories, and many more.
Employment opportunities for the diploma graduates include Production Manager, Business Development Manager, Electronics and Electrical Engineer, and Electronics Technician.
|Name of the College||Avg. Fees |
(INR Per Annum)
|M S Ramaiah College of Polytechnic||10k – 50k||Bangalore|
|Achariya College of Engineering Technology||40k||Puducherry|
|Brindavan College of Engineering||40.2k||Yelahanaka|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU)||1-2 L||Jalandhar|
|Parul University||1.2 L||Vadodra|
Diploma in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is for those who want to use physical and scientific principles to design, create, and maintain naturally built environments or manmade structures such as buildings, bridges, airports, and dams. This three-year study following the tenth grade is the quickest method to enter the world of design and construction. It is in high demand, particularly in the Gulf region, with major recruiters including Emaar Properties, Marafiz Contracting, and European Contracting.
|Name of the College||Avg. Fees |
(INR Per Annum)
|Aryabhatta Institute Of Engineering And Management||1.63L||Burdwan, West Bengal|
|BES Institute Of Technology||10k – 50k||Bangalore|
|Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)||26.9K||Delhi|
|International Institute of Management and Technical Studies||96.1k||Gurugram|
|College of Engineering||1.95L||Pune|
How to Choose the Best Engineering Diploma Courses after 10th ?
There are a lot of options available for engineering diploma courses after 10th and choosing one is not an easy task. A diploma in Polytechnic or Engineering after 10th can be done in various departments such as Mechanical, Civil, Information Technology, Automation, etc Out of all the courses offered diploma in Information Technology is considered the best. This list will assist you in selecting the best match for yourself from the options available:-
- Know Your Why: Knowing your subject is the first step towards choosing the best engineering diploma courses after 10th. Do not select a course because of family pressure or because everyone else is studying it. Analyse which subject sparks curiosity in you, one in which you’re interested to climb up the ladder of your career by gaining new skills.
- Shortlist your available options: Once you’ve figured out your area of interest narrow down all the available options. List their pros and cons, it is important to do thorough research about the specialisation you have chosen because it matters later in your professional life. Better to conduct a SWOT analysis of your chosen field i.e analysing strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
- Explore Career Options: Before finalising the field, research all the possibilities of future employment opportunities. Career scope and growth are two important factors when considering any specialisation.
- Seek Advice: Seek advice from your seniors, or an expert in that particular field. Learning from others’ experiences can save you from committing mistakes and help you excel in your specialization. Seeking advice from career counseling is another professional approach to go about choosing your course. This will help you to clear your confusion and present a clear picture to you.
- College, Placements, Internships, and Accreditation: Academic Institutions often have strong industrial ties and connections which guarantee good placements and internships to the students. Read about the placements and internships history from the college’s website. Accreditation determines the quality of education, departments, and faculty of a university/college before finalizing the college it is important to look at the accreditation of the college.
Vocational Engineering Diploma courses after 10th
Vocational courses are designed for learners to develop industry-specific skills. These courses are getting mass acceptance and gaining popularity among the youth because they focus on career-oriented skills. Vocational courses, also known as Career and Technical Education or Vocational Education and Training (VET), are specifically introduced by the government for unemployed youth. The perks of these courses are that they are of shorter duration, lesser cost, and have a sharp focus on developing the right skillsets required in the industry.
Admission to vocational courses is generally done on the basis of the marks obtained in class 10th by the candidate. Some states conduct entrance exams as well, such as Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET), Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET), and Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test. Some of the vocational engineering courses after 10th are:
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Diploma in Aeronautical engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Kalvium: The Ultimate Industry Curriculum
Generally, most engineering diploma courses after 10th do not provide students with sufficient industry exposure. However, unlike other diploma programs, Kalvium’s work-integrated engineering program is specifically designed to empower students with immersive, hands-on experiences that reflect the real world. Our aim is to prepare students for high-paying jobs in the industry. Here, students actively engage in real projects under the expert guidance of industry professionals.
- At Kalvium, we are committed to offer 24/7 mentorship so that students can master in-demand tech skills and gain proficiency in cutting-edge technology, which will help them to become full-stack developers before graduation.
- Internship opportunities at the best tech companies, starting from year 2 to year 4, with stipends of up to INR 50,000 per month.
- 100% assured dream placements at top MNCs, with a minimum 7-digit monthly salary upon graduation.
- Available across 10+ leading universities in India and abroad, and backed by leaders from Google, Microsoft, Flipkart, Ola, Zerodha, and Cred.
Kalvium also offers engineering diploma courses after 10th but you have to pursue the 4 year program. The minimum age criteria for applying for the Kalvium program is 16 years.
What’s the Verdict?
For candidates willing to quickly get into learning real-life skills and enter the industries then diplomas are the best way to go. There is a myriad of options for engineering diploma courses after 10th focused primarily on technical expertise and professional skills. One of the biggest advantages of doing a diploma is that one can change the field without much hassle. Upon completion of engineering diploma courses after 10th one has the option of either looking for a job or going for higher studies.
The options for Engineering diploma courses after 10th are varied and wide. Taking the help of the above-mentioned pointers on how to select the best diploma for you and based on the details of engineering diploma courses after 10th in various disciplines make an informed and inclusive decision about which diploma course fits right for you, taking into consideration the future, scope, and employment opportunity.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Which engineering diploma is best after 10th?
- Diploma in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Computer Science, Diploma in Electricals, Diploma in Electronics and Communications are considered the best engineering diploma courses after 10th
- Can a diploma in engineering be done after 10th?
- Yes, there are many diploma-level engineering courses available after 10th.
- How many years of engineering Diploma courses after 10th?
- Usually, engineering diploma courses are between one to three years long.
- Which course is best in diploma engineering?
- A diploma in Computer Science Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering, and Diploma in Civil Engineering are best in diploma engineering.
- Which engineering diploma courses after 10th have the highest paying jobs?
- Diploma in Computer Science after 10th usually have lofty salaries with an average of 2.8 LPA. You can read all about What does a Computer Science Engineer do right here!
- Name some best colleges for engineering diploma courses in India?
- Jawaharlal Nehru, Jamia Millia Islamia, Lovely Professional University, and Aligarh Muslim University are some of the best colleges offering engineering diploma courses in various disciplines.
You must be logged in to post a comment.